The UF Health Cancer Center’s clinical enterprise uses a comprehensive care model, with multidisciplinary cancer programs offering advanced treatment options, such as minimally invasive and robotic surgery, proton and intensity modulated radiotherapy, hematopoietic stem cell transplantation, chemotherapy, targeted therapy and immunotherapy in conjunction with the Precision Cancer Care Program, as well as access to clinical trials with limited availability elsewhere.
A Team Approach to Cancer Treatment
- The UF Health Cancer Center is a state-designated Cancer Center of Excellence. The designation by the Florida Legislature recognizes hospitals and treatment centers that demonstrate excellence in patient-centered coordinated care for people undergoing cancer treatment and chemotherapy.
- UF Health is designated as a Center of Excellence for myeloma, myelodysplastic syndromes and pancreatic cancers.
- The UF Health Blood and Marrow Transplantation Program is one of 20 core centers nationwide that comprise the NHLBI/NCI Blood and Marrow Transplant Clinical Trials Network.
- The UF Health Proton Therapy Institute is one of the few proton facilities in the country that have achieved accreditation by the American College of Radiology. It is internationally recognized as a cancer care destination for pediatric radiation oncology patients.
- The UF Health Breast Center is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and is the first in the state to offer intraoperative radiation therapy using Intrabeam®.
North Central Florida’s Only NCI-Designated Cancer Center
In 2023, the UF Health Cancer Center received designation from the National Cancer Institute, or NCI, and joined the ranks of the country’s most distinguished cancer centers. To achieve this honor, the UF Health Cancer Center met rigorous standards in its leading-edge cancer research programs, advanced scientific leadership, distinctive training programs and forward-thinking community outreach. Funding that accompanies the designation will provide more resources for innovative clinical trials and increase access to cancer treatment.