UF Health Central Florida is an award-winning, not-for-profit health care system and the largest, most comprehensive provider of health care services in Lake, Sumter and Marion counties. As part of the Southeast’s premier academic health system, it is our privilege to offer progressive, patient-centered care with a commitment to improving the health and quality of life of the individuals and communities we serve.
UF Health Central Florida includes two acute-care hospitals, a freestanding E.R., an inpatient rehabilitation hospital, adult inpatient psychiatric services, urgent care and diagnostic laboratory services:
- UF Health Leesburg Hospital
- UF Health The Villages® Hospital
- UF Health The Villages® Hospital Brownwood Freestanding E.R.
- UF Health The Villages® Rehabilitation Hospital
- UF Health Leesburg Hospital Urgent Care Center
- UF Health Pathology Laboratories
Our team includes hundreds of board-certified physicians who provide care in over 40 medical specialties, from emergency medicine and orthopaedic surgery to stroke care and complex cardiothoracic surgery. Hospitality and clinical expertise are hallmarks of our patients’ experience. Our beautiful facilities are uniquely situated in the heart of The Villages® — America’s Healthiest Hometown — and the rapidly growing Leesburg area.
Plus, the UF Health Physicians Regional Provider Network is helping to expand the reach of UF Health across the state with UF physicians providing specialty services in Central Florida in the areas of orthopaedics, cardiothoracic surgery, general surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and neurology.
At a glance (Fiscal Year 2021)
“At UF Health Central Florida, it’s all about caring for patients at their most vulnerable moments and having the tools and resources to provide that care when minutes and seconds count.”
Clinical Programs of Distinction
Heart and Vascular Care
UF Health Central Florida offers comprehensive cardiovascular care with the most experienced team in the area. We perform thousands of lifesaving procedures each year, provide a full range of diagnostic services and are consistently recognized as an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology.
The Heart Institute at UF Health Leesburg Hospital has remained at the forefront of implementing the latest cardiac innovations and technology for 28 years. Our experienced cardiothoracic surgeons and cardiac care professionals perform an average of 550 open heart surgeries annually and offer minimally invasive surgical options that lead to faster recovery times. A heart team approach — that includes the collaboration of a cardiologist, cardiac surgeon and anesthesiologist — is used to treat each individual patient’s disease comprehensively.
The Heart Center at UF Health The Villages® Hospital boasts a team of board-certified cardiologists and specialty-trained cardiac care professionals who perform more than 5,000 lifesaving cardiac catheterizations each year.
Offering the area’s most comprehensive continuum of care for conditions and injuries affecting the shoulder, hip and knee joints, UF Health Central Florida’s orthopaedics program is focused on rapid recovery and wellness. Our orthopaedic surgical specialists adopt a variety of approaches specifically designed according to each patient’s needs that limit complications, prevent injury and reduce pain and scarring.
The surgical suites and operating rooms at UF Health Central Florida offer advanced air-handling systems to reduce the risk of postoperative infection, and our surgeons use specially designed sterile helmets. Our orthopaedics program includes coordinated rehabilitation care for all patients immediately following surgery to help accelerate the recovery process.
Accredited Stroke Program
UF Health Central Florida’s stroke programs are supported by multidisciplinary teams focused on advancing the quality of stroke care and provide excellent service to our patients through evidence-based care, measuring performance metrics, identifying gaps in care and embodying process improvement. Our hospitals are recognized as Certified Primary Stroke Centers by The Joint Commission. Plus, the American Heart Association has awarded our hospitals with its Gold Plus Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Award.
Awards & Recognitions
University of Florida Health Central Florida hospitals are consistently recognized with local and national awards and accreditations for excellence in patient care and the workplace experience.
- Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and Resuscitation, American College of Cardiology
- Gold Plus Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Award with Target: Stroke ELITE Honor Roll, American Heart Association
- Gold Plus Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Award with Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll, American Heart Association
- High Performing Hospital in Heart Bypass Surgery, U.S. News & World Report
- High Performing Hospital in Heart Failure, U.S. News & World Report
- High Performing Hospital in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), U.S. News & World Report
- Cancer Program 3-Year Accreditation with Commendation, Commission on Cancer
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification, The Joint Commission
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), 3-Year Accreditation
Best Employer Honors
- 150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare, Becker’s Hospital Review
- Outstanding Diverse Organization, Orlando Business Journal
- Health & Wellness Seal of Approval, Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Best Practices for Supporting Workers 50+, Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval, Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Health at Work Award, ComPsych®
- Gold Level Recognition, American Heart Association’s Workplace Health Achievement Index